The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is a global sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service provider and one of the leading advocates for universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. IPPF is a worldwide movement of national organizations, referred to as Member Associations, working with and for communities and individuals. The IPPF Secretariat comprises of a London Office and six Regional Offices.
Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the overarching goal of IPPF Africa Region (IPPFAR) is to increase access to SRHR services to the most vulnerable youth, men, and women in sub-Saharan Africa. To reach this goal, IPPFAR works with local civil-society organizations, governments, the African Union (AU), regional economic commissions (RECs), the United Nations, among others, to expand political and financial commitments to SRHR in Africa. IPPF ARO tackles the continent’s growing SRH challenges through a network of Member Associations (MAs), strategic partners and volunteers in 40 countries.
IPPFAR, in consortium with CREA, Empow’Her, the International Federation on Human Rights and Médecins du Monde, will be leading the delivery of a new project entitled Feminist Opportunities Now (FON), with the overarching objective to build the capacity of feminist movements, via sub-grants to feminist organizations, particular efforts will be deployed in reaching small, often non-registered, feminist organizations to address and respond to gender-based violence as well.
To implement this project, IPPFAR wishes to put in place a talented, dynamic and diverse team with broad experience in implementing gender-transformative SRHR programmes, with demonstrated financial and technical management skills, project management experience and the ability to deliver quality activities based on needs and in line with donor requirements.
To this effect, the IPPFAR is looking for an individual to fill the position of Lead: Finance who will be responsible for leading and managing all financial aspects of the programme, including but not limited to: preparing financial statements, ensuring compliance with donor requirements/contracts, maintaining cash controls, oversight of the sub-granting, preparing the payroll, maintaining accounts payable and receivables, ensuring timely statutory deductions and remittances.
- The opportunity to work with local civil-society organizations, governments, the African Union (AU), regional economic commissions (RECs), the United Nations, among others, to expand political and financial commitments to SRHR in Africa.
EDUCATION: A Master’s degree in accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration; a
professional qualification in Accounting/Finance (ACCA, CPA, or equivalent) and proficiency with
accounting software, word processing and spreadsheets.
• WORK EXPERIENCE: Seven to nine years’ experience in Accounting/Finance Management and/or Business
Administration, preferably in an international humanitarian and/or development organization. Experience
working in project management accounting and experience of working with multimillion-pound budgets;
experience of working with restricted/statutory funded projects; experience of working internationally,
ideally in a not for profit & often challenging environment; and experience in audit and financial control
systems. A track-record in SRHR programming is an advantage.
• LANGUAGES: English and French are the working languages of the IPPFARO. For this post fluency in English
and French (both oral and written) is required.
• SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal skills – articulate and diplomatic. Ability to interact with diverse groups;
Excellent written communication skills; Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarise and simplify
complex information; Strong influencing skills; Sound research skills; Good understanding of development
issues and fundraising; Excellent project management, time management and organisational skills to meet
multiple deadlines; Good IT skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; Flexible – team player.
• OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which IPPFAR
operates; Sensitivity to and understanding of SRHR issues; willing to travel internationally – about 45 days
a year. Subscribe to IPPF’s Policies, Mission, Vision, and values and IPPFAR’s, Procedures, rules and
regulations and ability to maintain high level of confidentiality. Focus on continuous improved
results/performance and sound judgement.
- Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (download it below) and a 1-page cover letter to: [email protected] with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a competency-based interview which may be followed by
a desk review and/or a written assessment exercise.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link