Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands? Do you want to play a bigger role in the exciting startup ecosystem? Do you want to make a tangible difference in the lives of entrepreneurs and their journeys?
Then, apply to become a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program Women-Edition this year.
‘Mentor-driven capital’ is one of VC4A’s approaches to creating value for startup ecosystems around the world. It’s about finding and supporting motivated and experienced professionals like you to share the knowledge, experience, and network you’ve acquired over your career with promising entrepreneurs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace. As you support your mentee on his/her entrepreneurial journey, you get keen insights into the local startup ecosystem and hone your own mentoring, business & leadership skills.
This program aims to boost the ability of business women as a high-powered mentor through the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital framework. You and selected fellow business leaders will receive expert guidance, training, and hands-on expert sessions around mentoring, and join interactive discussions on topics like mentoring founders for fundraising, corporate partnership building, and angel investing all through the comprehensive framework facilitated by fellow women experts.
This year, the Mentor-Driven Capital program is fully women led and focused on bossing women mentors and investors. One potential reason is the limited representation of women in key roles in investment funds, angel networks, entrepreneur support organizations (ESOs) and mentor networks.
Previous expert-led sessions by experienced angel investors featured thought leaders such as Tomi Davies – Chief Investment Officer at GreenTec Capital Partners, Tarek El-Kady – Founder of Alex Angels, Mrs. Maya Horgan Famodu, Founder & Partner at Ingressive Capital, Dr. Ayman Ismail – Associate Professor of entrepreneurship at the American University of Cairo, Mrs. Yemi Keri – Founder of Rising Tide Africa and Kola Aina – Founder of Ventures Platform, among many others.
- Attend expert-led sessions on essential mentorship and startup-related topics.
- A mentorship guide and online training materials.
- Access peer-to-peer learning through expert discussions, group sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Get matched with Africa-based founders with mentorship needs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
- Access partner organizations’ demo days and invite-only events like the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
- You are based in Africa or closely affiliated with the continent.
- You are a senior business professional, entrepreneur, and/or investor with 10+ years of experience.
- You are interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies.
- You can attend the 5 virtual online bootcamp sessions and expert sessions between March and April 2023 (each session is approx. 1-1.5 hours, totals about 3-4 hours/month).
- You are interested in offering mentorship post the program to African startups through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace
Eligible Regions: Africa.
- If you’re interested in joining the program as a mentor, please create a VC4A account and/or sign in to your account, and hit the apply button to submit your application before the 31st of January. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted separately the following week. Contact Akram Eladwy if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Note: They plan the kick-off session on the 1st of March, 2023 and the closing session by the 30th of April, 2023.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link