TE Connectivity has established a 2-year scholarship program to assist college students who will be sophomores for the 2022-2023 academic year and are majoring in Engineering (all disciplines), Operations Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Marketing. The program provides a college scholarship paired with career development, including a required PAID internship with TE Connectivity for two summers after the sophomore year of college.
Learn more about the African Heritage Scholarship Program and visit the TE Connectivity Careers Page.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarships and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- A statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- An online recommendation
- An essay question*.
Financial needs will be considered. Recipients must demonstrate need.
Scholarship America will select up to 40 finalists. Provided there are qualified applicants, approximately five (5) finalists will be selected from each of the five (5) preferred HBCUs and fifteen (15) finalists will be selected from any four-year college or university in the United States.
TE Connectivity will request video interviews with the finalists and will select up to 14 recipients.
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of TE Connectivity. Payment is made in September 2023, after successful completion of PAID internship with TE Connectivity
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive
- an award of up to $22,500 per year in each of the next two years upon successful completion of the paid summer internships. Up to 14 awards will be granted.
- Award amounts will be determined based on the total cost of attendance as determined by the College Board (institution-specific in/out of state tuition, books/supplies, room/board, transportation, and other expenses) minus other granted awards at the time of scholarship acceptance prior to the fall semester.
- Award recipients will be given access for a year to WhichWay, a financial literacy tool with interactive financial education modules containing tools and tips that include the following topics:Understanding Basics of Budgeting, Achieving Goals, Creating and Maintaining a Budget, Paying for College, Understanding Credit, Obtaining Credit, Applying for Financial Aid, Managing Credit Cards, Managing Student Loans While in School, Managing Debt, Repaying Student Loans
Applicants to the TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship Program must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Self-identify as Black or African American or multiracial*
- Be enrolling as college sophomores for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be willing to accept a 2023 summer paid internship with TE Connectivity**
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be majoring in Engineering (all disciplines), Operations Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Marketing
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university (in the U.S.) and planning to continue full-time enrollment for the entire upcoming academic year
*Applicants who self-identify as more than one race/ethnicity are eligible as long as one of the races/ethnicities is Black or African American.
** Recipients (both new and renewal) must complete a summer paid internship to receive their award disbursement the following fall. Internships are full-time positions, 40 hours per week.Eligible Regions: United States
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken
- A copy of the latest 1040 tax filing
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022 (1 Day Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link