Royal Holloway Principal’s Masters Scholarship is open for application.
There are 64 scholarships available to new full-time and part-time students studying for taught Masters degrees in any subject. The scholarship is offered as a £4,000 tuition fee reduction.
Applications for the Royal Holloway Principal’s Masters scholarship will also be considered from students taking the Royal Holloway Pre-Masters Programme and the grade requirement will be 70% overall.Students are shortlisted based on their academic excellence.
Today’s Royal Holloway is formed from two colleges, founded by two social pioneers, Elizabeth Jesser Reid and Thomas Holloway. They were among the first places in Britain where women could access higher education. Bedford College, in London, opened its doors in 1849, and Royal Holloway College’s stunning Founder’s Building was unveiled by Queen Victoria in 1886 – it’s still the focal point of the campus.
Their scholarships provide a cash award or a reduction in tuition fees for successful applicants. They are awarded competitively, usually based on your scholarship application statement and academic achievements. We also offer scholarships aimed specifically at underrepresented groups in higher education. Bursaries are awarded to all students who meet the eligibility criteria. You can apply for as many as you are eligible for.
At Royal Holloway, bursaries are awarded automatically to students who are eligible, while scholarships are competitive awards.
You will need to hold an offer from Royal Holloway to apply for one of their scholarships. Once you have this, you will need to apply using their easy-to-use online application system RH Direct where you will be able to copy and paste or upload your scholarship statement, as well as any other information needed to complete your application. If you have applied through an agent and received an offer through Study Group, please contact your agent who will advise on applying for scholarships.
Tution fee reduction is a reduction of the fees of your degree course. This will differ depending on whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate, a Home or International student and what course you are studying. Scholarships can be partial fee reductions, which is a set amount paid towards your fees, or a full tuition fee reduction, which covers the whole cost. Tuition fee reductions are paid directly to Royal Holloway, rather than to you directly.
- Cash awards
- Tuition fee reduction
Any tuition fee reductions will be applied automatically by Royal Holloway.
All payments, discounts, and fee reductions will only be made providing the following:
a. The student is enrolled at Royal Holloway on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at the time of the payment
b. The student has successfully progressed to the next level of study if the duration of the course is longer than one year, and has met any award-specific requirements.
A scholar must:
- Offer to study a taught postgraduate degree
- (Home fee status) Achieved, or expected to achieve, a First Class Honours Degree
- (International fee status) Achieved, or expected to achieve the equivalent of a UK First Class degree or a 2:1 degree in countries where an equivalent of a First is not possible.
- anticipate meeting all the conditions associated with their offer in time to enroll at Royal Holloway for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Register as a new first-year student when applying for an undergraduate degree/postgraduate degree.
- Not receiving more than one Royal Holloway scholarship, unless it is specifically stated in the terms and conditions of the individual awards
on the Royal Holloway Undergraduate / Postgraduate Scholarships webpages that two specific scholarships can be held at the same time by the same person.
Applicant must provide a supporting statement of no more than 400 words, which should include:
- Academic achievements the applicant is particularly proud of and why these matter to you
- Why applicants have chosen to do the degree they have applied for
- What their future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help them to achieve their future goals
The applicant’s statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
Applications that exceed the word count will automatically be rejected.
As well as the statement, the applicant will need to upload their most recent grades transcript from their undergraduate degree. Any applications that are submitted without an uploaded transcript will be rejected.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2023 (34 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link