Apply for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship 2019.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at University of Maastricht. The High Potential Scholarship program is aimed for international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands.
The High Potential Scholarship program consists of both the High Potential Scholarship, funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund, and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The scholarship program provides 13 months scholarship for a one-year Master’s program and 25 months scholarship for a two-year Master’s program.
Maastricht University is a public university in Maastricht, Netherlands. Founded in 1976, it is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. In 2013, nearly 16,000 students studied at Maastricht University, 47% of whom were foreign students, with over 3,200 employees. About half of the bachelor’s programmes are fully offered in English, while the other half is taught wholly or partly in Dutch. Most of the master’s and doctoral programmes are in English. In 2013, Maastricht University was the second Dutch university to be rewarded the ‘Distinctive Quality Feature for Internationalisation’ by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
- Living expenses: € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months);
- Health and Liability Insurance: € 520 (subject to change in 2019);
- Visa application cost: € 192 (subject to change in 2019);
- Tuition fees: € 13,000, € 15,000 or € 17,500 depending on the tuition of your study program;
- Pre-Academic training cost: € 695
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands;
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year;
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied;
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply;
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2019;
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019-2020 scholarship program applicants;
The applicants have to apply for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year and then apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link