Applications are open for Leading Asia Scholarship One Young World 2022!
Are you a young leader from Asia? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 – 19 May through One Young World flagship Scholarship.
Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade war between China and USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasing in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30*
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the eligible countries.
- Apply online using the apply link.
- The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of January.
- You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link