Call for Huazhong Agricultural University CSC Scholarship 2024 is open now!!!
Huazhong Agricultural University Scholarship (HZAUS) is established by Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU) to encourage and support some excellent Bachelor’s or Master’s international students of HZAU to continue studying at HZAU for Master’s or Doctoral degree.
Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduates Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R.China (hereinafter referred to as MOE). China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the MOE, holds the responsibility of the verification, approval and the routine management of the program. Huazhong Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as HZAU) is one of the Chinese universities listed under this program and is entrusted by MOE to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies.
Huazhong Agricultural University ( HZAU ) is based in Wuhan, Hubei province in central China. It was founded during the Qing Dynasty in 1898 by Zhang Zhidong – then the governor of Hubei and Hunan province – as the first Agricultural School in China. With a history tracing back to The Hubei Farming School founded that same year, HZAU enjoys a history of over 120 years.
Over 30 years, Huazhong Agricultural University aspires to be the promoter of higher education with a global reputation. They also aim to become a leader in talent development and technological innovation in the fields of agriculture and life sciences, while working with a group of world-famous scholars. They train a large number of innovative talents with global competence, and have achieved influence on the world’s scientific, technological and industrial development.
Examples of areas they have made great leaps forward are: hybrid canola seeds, green rice, high-quality pigs, animal vaccines, premium citrus, and test-tube potatoes among others. All in all they have been ranked among the world’s top 1% of ESI in Agricultural Sciences, Plant and Zoology, Chemistry, Biology and Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics,
Microbiology, Environment and Ecology, Engineering, Pharmacology and Toxicology. HZAU is also on the list of “Double-First Class” initiative released in 2017, with five disciplines including Animal Husbandry，Veterinary Science，Biology，Horticulture; Crop Science，and Agricultural Economics & Management.
The university has established international relations with more than 160 universities and research institutions from 40 countries including the United States, Britain, Korea, Australia, Japan, Canada and Germany. HZAU became the first pilot unit of experts to develop highly-educated foreign students. There are approximately 500 international students from 54 countries currently enrolled with them. More than 95% of them are Master or Doctoral degree candidates. HZAU offers a wealth of academic, living, and cultural resources to make students’ lives more vibrant and enjoyable. They promote cross-cultural communication activities, such as Chinese Language Corner, New Year’s Gala Night and Color Run.
HZAU warmly welcomes students to join them and achieve the student’s ambitions.
- Tuition waiver
- Free university accommodation
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Stipend: Master’s students: 3,000 RMB/month; Doctoral students: 3,500 RMB/month (CSC Scholarship)
- Stipend: Master’s students: 2,100 RMB/month; Doctoral students: 2,500 RMB/month (University Scholarship)
- Application Qualification:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Note: Residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years. (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of actual foreign residence.)
- Applicants mentioned above should submit additional documents as follows: (1) Certificate of naturalization; (2) Proof of cancellation of the original residence; (3) A photocopy of exit and entry signature pages of the passport in recent four years (original copy for future examination); (4) Proof of study or work experience at abroad in recent two years.
- Applicants for Master’s degree must have obtained Bachelor’sDegree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree must have obtained Master’s Degree and be under the age of 40.
- Language Proficiency:
- Chinese Medium Program: Applicants should submit a score report of a recognized Chinese Proficiency Test. HSK level 5 or above (Note: HSK refers to Chinese Proficiency Test. The applicant can find information on: www.chinesetest.cn) is required. If the applicant has no elementary Chinese study experience, he or she can pass HSK level 5 by attending Chinese Language Program for one academic year before the start of Academic study.
- English Medium Program: It is better if applicants can submit a score report of a recognized English Proficiency Test such as TOEFL, IELTS or other official English test recognized by HZAU. Failing to demonstrate one’s English proficiency may adversely affect one’s candidacy for acceptance.
- The application form
- Highest diploma or degree certificate; or an official Certificate of Expected Graduation for the ones still on campus
- Official Transcripts
- Two recommendation letters by professors/associate professors of correlated disciplines
- Study Plan
- Duplication of the Passport
- Physical Examination Record
- Certificate of non-criminal record
- Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as: award certificates, academic papers published, English or Chinese Language Proficiency certificate, special skill certificate like dancing, sports, etc.)
- An Acceptance Letter from a professor of HZAU
- Please prepare the application documents, then submit the soft copies to application system.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified translations in Chinese or English.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link