International students can get the Government of Flanders awards scholarships. This scholarship is provided to outstanding students for Master programs in Flanders and Brussels. The program aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination. Applications will be accepted from all Flemish universities, Schools of Arts and the Antwerp Maritime Academy.
The total budget available for the Master Mind Scholarships program 2020-2021 is €400,000. It is estimated that 30 international students can benefit from the Master Mind Scholarships.
Available institutions are:
Universities: KU Leuven / University of Leuven, University of Antwerp, Ghent University, Hasselt University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel,
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences): Antwerp Maritime Academy, Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp, Erasmus University College Brussels, Sint Lucas Antwerpen – School of Arts (Karel de Grote University College), LUCA School of Arts, PXL University College, University College Ghent.
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €8.000 per academic year according
to the modalities mentioned in the appendix Payment of the scholarship.
- The Host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the
yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish Government. The
rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is €111,9. This rate may increase slightly from year to year.
The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0
The student has a good knowledge of the English language:
- an overall band score of minimum 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference; or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the Host institution).
Students who apply for a Master programme at a School of Arts have at least:
- an overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test;
- a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
- or a similar result in another official English language test (recognized by the Host
Students cannot apply directly. The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. Deadline of applications varies but is 30 April 2020. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which is earlier (1 February-20 March 2020).
It is highly recommended that the applicants read the ‘Guideline available on the official website” before applying for the scholarship.
In collaboration with the Flemish Ministry of Education, a Selection Committee will do the selection after the application deadline, based on the following criteria:
- the quality of the applicant’s motivation (30 points);
- the applicant’s previous study results in the Transcript of records (30 points);
- the reasons for recommending the applicant in Recommendation letter 1 (10 points);
- the reasons for recommending the applicant in Recommendation letter 2 (10 points);
- the motivation for submission by the Host institution (10 points);
- the top talent profile of the applicant (10 points).
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link