Goethe University’s Master’s scholarships programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) they will be offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. If the primary motivation of a candidate is to conduct research, he/she is highly encouraged to join their highly international research community!
They are seeking outstanding candidates who are interested in joining one of their MA or MSc programmes, which are deeply embedded in their strongest research units (Centers of Excellence, collaborative research centers, and LOEWE CENTERS).
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
A Master’s degree programme – generally a two-year course, both at Goethe University and elsewhere in Germany – enables the candidate to expand and deepen the knowledge he/she has gained at undergraduate level. A Master’s degree provides in-depth education which will enable him/her either to enter the professional job market or to continue studying towards the next level of academic degree: a PhD.
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster the candidate’s academic career, to enable him/her to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support him/her during Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units. Some programmes even offer participation in their strongest research units (collaborative research centers, LOEWE CENTERS and Clusters of Excellence) at the university, appropriate for those who are interested in research.
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
- He/she holds or is on track to obtain an excellent bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany
- Looking for an interesting master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run
- Seeking a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for his/her master’s programme
- Well versed in his/her academic discipline and is particularly interested in research
- Wants a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics he/she is passionate about
- Seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities
- Highly motivated to conduct research
- Apply online through the given link.
- The application deadline is the same as the deadline of the programme you apply for.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link