The Organisation of American States (OAS), through the Department of Human Development, Education and (DHDEE) and the University for International Cooperation in Costa Rica (UCI) are offering scholarships to qualified candidates of the Americas to participate in a Master’s Degree in Project Management programme.
The programme is scheduled to commence on April 27, 2021 and will be for a duration of 20 months. The modality of the course is online and the language of instruction is English.
The Master in Project Management (MPM) at the Global School of Project Management (GSPM) is a graduate program with international accreditation, designed to develop and strengthen your project management skills, supported by an online learning-teaching environment.
The MPM Program was the first, in Latin America and the Caribbean to obtain, in 2009, the international academic quality accreditation for project management programs from the Global Accreditation Center (GAC) of the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is, at the present time, the only program that has been accredited in the region in both online and blended learning modalities, and in both English and Spanish. The University for International Cooperation (UCI, for its acronym in Spanish) was also the first university in the region to obtain, in 2001, the recognition as Registered Education Provider (REP No. 1371) from PMI. UCI has been an approved REP, at the Global Provider level, from 2001 to 2020.
GSPM´s programs in project management have more than 2,000 graduates in over 40 countries, indicating their wide acceptance and recognition. They are offered in Spanish, in attendance modalities with and without classroom (b-learning, e-learning), and in English through e-learning.
- Tuition discounts ranging from 30%, 50% and 90% to the top-ranked candidates.
- Scholarship benefits are subject to the academic performance of the scholarship recipient and based on the availability of funds. In order to receive these benefits,
the scholarship recipient should not be reported with an unsatisfactory academic performance due to absences or failing courses.
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Provide an unconditional admission letter from UCI;
- Submit a complete scholarship application with all required supporting documents; and
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Costa Rica.
- Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link – http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc and send it to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in Argentina.
Eligible Regions: OAS Member States except for Costa Rica: Argentina, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, , Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, he Bahama, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Before applying for admission, they encourage applicants to read the program description and ensure that the study area fulfils their expectations and interests1
- To apply for admission, please fill out the admission form at the Apply Now link. When filling out the form, in “PLEASE SELECT THE PROGRAM YOU ARE APPLYING FOR” section, make sure to choose the “Master in Project Management (English – Online – OAS – UCI Scholarship)” option.
- The following documents are necessary to obtain admission to the program:
- Copy of university degree diploma.
- Copy of passport with at least six-month validity.
- Recent and clear digital front photograph taken on a white background (approx. size 3.5 x 4.5 cm).
- Copy of certificate of completion of studies, including official transcripts with information regarding courses, dates of approval, credits, and grades; and/or any other proof of awarded credits.
- If necessary, UCI may ask a letter from the academic institution that issued your diploma, stating the equivalency of one credit. This equivalency must clearly indicate the total hours per credit, including both class hours and self-study hours.
- UCI admitted students will be required to present a hard copy of the university degree diploma, and a hard copy of the passport with at least six-month validity, authenticated by a notary public and apostilled, and officially translated (if the originals are not in Spanish), no later than 60 days after the program start date.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Gather Supporting Documents and Apply online
- To apply for an OAS – UCI scholarship, applicants must fill out the OAS online scholarship application form and attach ALL required supporting documentation.
- ALL the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). If the file is larger than 5MB, you will be unable to submit the online form.
- The application system does not allow for more than one document to be uploaded. Do not include any additional documents besides those indicated.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2021 (7 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link