KOICA-AJOU Scholarship Program helps to develop the capacity of young or mid-level civil society leaders of the partner countries of Korea and to provide graduate-level education to the civil society organization leaders with civil society organizations in economic and social development. This scholarship program shares the Korean experience of the development of civil society organizations and provides the international platform for civil society leaders to connect, exchange, collaborate and cooperate. This program also contributes to the sound, robust, sustainable, and balanced development of Asian countries by raising the capacity of the leaders of civil society who will assume critical roles in promoting, facilitating and delivering the services for the accomplishment of social and economic development goals such as UN SDGs.
The following expenses will be covered by KOICA during the participant’s stay in Korea.
- Tuition & Admission fee.
- Accommodation (on-campus dormitory; double occupancy)
- Allowance: KRW 999,000 per month (to cover the meal, books and study supplies, etc.)
- Overseas travel insurance, etc.
KOICA-AJOU Scholarship candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
- Be a member of well-respected civil society organizations (CSO) with a minimum 2 years of experience.
- Provide two recommendation letters written by a senior member of your organization, an UN-associated organization, or other global civil society organization and a senior member of your government office,Korean Embassy or the KOICA Overseas Office within your region.
- Be under age 40 as of February 1,2021.
- Be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Have a completed Bachelor degree or an equivalent to college/university level educational background.
- Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and thesis in English.
- Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Program before.
- All forms should be typed in English and all the supporting documents should be in English.
- Documents in any other language should be accompanied by a notarized English translation.
- Original documents should be submitted. (If they are unavailable, ask Korean Embassy about notarizing the documents before submitting them)
- Be sure to make and keep photocopies of all submitted documents and completed forms as AJOU GSIS will not return any submitted documents to the applicant.
- Please write your CV in detail by focusing on your work experiences.
- An original copy of transcript must include a year by year record of courses from every institution applicant have attended.
- The transcripts should include a record of grade in terms of rank in course/department,if available.
- An official document (Certificate or official letter) providing your work experiences including duration of employment,position and job description.
- A copy of passport including a copy of page showing the passport number,date of issue and expiration,photo and name.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2021 (19 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link