Amnesty International is looking for strategic communications and external affairs advisor.
Under the guidance of the Director of the Amnesty Tech Programme and the Head of the News and Media Team, in this role applicant will develop and implement cutting-edge, innovative media, and communications strategies related to technology and human rights, including topics such as surveillance, big tech, artificial intelligence, and big data.
The main Responsibilities in this post will be:
- Leading the design, implementation, and evaluation of media and public relations strategies to deliver impactful communications for Amnesty International’s work on technology and human rights.
- Leading the output planning and planned reactive media and communication strategies and products in coordination with the campaigners and communication advisors in the Amnesty Tech teams and liaising/coordinating between global communications and marketing teams and Amnesty Tech.
- Producing timely and strategic communication products, including press releases, media quotes, media narratives, social media stories, and supporter journeys for Amnesty members, etc.
- Advising the Amnesty Tech management team on and supporting the internal communication and capacity-building efforts of Amnesty Tech on the implementation of tech as a common lens in the overall portfolio of Amnesty International.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and assessing communication priorities that will support advocacy and campaigns.
- Providing strategic advice on what communications products and messages would work best to achieve desired advocacy and campaign objectives.
With experience in journalism or public relations in an international environment, you will have a solid understanding of international political, tech, and human rights issues, and specifically how these issues apply around the world. You will have strong knowledge of current and emerging communication trends and developments and have excellent communication and negotiation skills. Finally, you will have knowledge of Amnesty International’s work, and be committed to the full range of human rights.
If you are talented, passionate about human rights, and want to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to change the world then they would encourage you to apply.
- A payment of £52,241.
- 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance program, life assurance, etc.
- Fully funded.
- Can gather experience.
- Substantial relevant experience in a similar role in journalism or public relations, in an international environment;
- Demonstratable experience in the development and implementation of innovative communication strategies for international organizations.
- Knowledge of digital media and international, regional, and national media – across traditional and digital platforms – with established contacts at key publications and broadcast outlets.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating of the impact and reach of communication products and strategies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in any other global language is desirable.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Applicants can apply for the post of Strategic Communications and External Affairs Advisor at Amnesty International through an online application following the link provided on the official website.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2023 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link