The Water, Environment and Climate (WEC) portfolio, based in Vienna, and as part of the UNOPS Global Portfolio Group, has built strong partnerships and is effectively managing a portfolio of over 500 million USD over the last 15 years to support key initiatives with fund management, project implementation and administrative support.
WEC effectively operationalizes partners’ agendas with global approaches, as well as regional and country specific activities focused on climate action, protection and conservation of the environment. Partners profit from WEC’s ability to operationalize and/or scale up their important substantive agendas, including in support of key multilateral environmental and climate agreements, such as the Paris Agreement, the Cartagena Convention as well as the Sustainable Development Goals.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Management Support Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and visualizing data as a part of ICAT’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Uptake (MELU) framework. The framework aims to capture the impact of ICAT’s work in countries.
The incumbent may also be asked to conduct background research related to different aspects of ICAT’s work and activities, in particular in relation to the work progress in developing climate action transparency frameworks implemented together with the ICAT beneficiary countries. The research findings will be used by the Secretariat as input for ICAT’s impact assessment and other planning activities, and for material to be used for outreach purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with ICATs implementing partners to support the collection and collation, review and analysis of data for the MELU framework;
- Ensure timely provision of surveys related to the MELU KPIs and follow up where required. This includes keeping track of new BUR, National Communication, NDC submissions and End of Project Surveys;
- Assist in interpretation of trends and drawing insights from project and survey data;
- Support the further development of the MELU framework based on experience in data collection and analysis, this includes supporting an external consultancy commissioned to review ICAT’s impact so far and the MELU framework with provision of data and contacts with implementing partners;
- Assist with developing strategic information, including data visuals and reports, that communicates key evidence with diverse stakeholders.
- Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions.
- UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum.
- The incumbent should be enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor or Masters OR have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship and be in possession of a residence permit or nationality permitting them to stay and conduct the internship in Germany during the full time of the internship
- Area of study should preferably relate to climate change, development studies, and/or environmental management
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but experience working or volunteering in any of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Climate change
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes in the development field
- Statistical analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Suite is essential, including knowledge of the advanced functions of Excel. Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Google Data Studio) is also essential to this role.
- Proven fluency of English – oral and written required.
- Any other UN language would be a distinct advantage.
- Eligible candidates should apply through the organisation’s official web portal with the necessary documents. The web portal can be accessed by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2024Application ClosedOfficial link