The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
The fellowship includes:
- Living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin.
- The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant. It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a Ph.D.
- Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a Ph.D.
- Please note that no fellowships will be given for dissertation research. The proposed project must be significantly different in content and preferably filed and formed from the applicant’s previous work.
- German and international applicants are eligible for this Einstein fellowship
Applications should be submitted via email. Applications for 2021 should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of recommendation.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link