Want To Be Part Of India’s Social Change Story? Be A Part Of India’s Pioneering Grassroots Leadership Program! Inviting applications for the 15th cohort.
India Fellow is an 18-month leadership program for young professionals from various walks of life, willing to live and work alongside some really remote and marginalized communities and find their leadership potential to bring about change. It is an experiential journey to immerse in the social realities of the country and being the best version to build a better future.
In the last 12 years, they have had 221 fellows from varied academic and professional backgrounds who have worked across the country with a total of 50 partner organizations in rural and urban projects. Fellows have been solving complex problems using frameworks in Project Management, Organizational Development, Design Thinking, Systems Practice, Technology for Good, Strategic Communication and Policy Advocacy. In the past, they have been fortunate to be supported by ICICI Foundation, Tata Trusts, Paul Hamlyn Foundation, InfoEdge Pvt. Ltd. (Naukri.com), and WaterAid India.
Why India Fellow?
Development of India is the responsibility of everyone. Their belief is that in each and every sector, India needs talented young leaders who have had deep exposure to India’s broader realities, who understand the challenges and opportunities presented in diverse environments; and have the empathy, skills and determination to create social good. The future bankers, scientists, bureaucrats, teachers, entrepreneurs need this learning experience. They believe that this will help them become committed and passionate leaders of tomorrow, and in process, contribute to the development of India.
India Fellow has the following four major aspects:
- Working with Communities: India Fellows spend most of their time (16.5 months) working at grassroots with leading social organizations committed to bring positive change. This can be anywhere across the country. The fellow is expected to live in their work area, typically a rural or a peri-urban setup, and understand the complexities at that level.
- Training: India Fellow has 45 days of residential training, spread across the duration of 18 months. This is divided into 3 parts of 15 days each at the start, middle and end of the journey. The India Fellow pedagogy is unique; it engages a strong collective of various leaders, academicians, social scientists and practitioners. Trainings are in locations like Udaipur, Delhi, Bhuj, Himalayan belt, Sundarbans amongst others.
- Constant engagement: Throughout the duration, fellows document their observations, experiences and insights; engage in intense blended learning modules, group online courses for certification and fundraising to build a holistic understanding of development and gain crucial skill sets.
- Mentor-ship: Every fellow is exposed to a pool of mentors, who are experts with deep experience in their domain. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem consists of facilitators, alumni and experienced professionals who are available to interact with the fellows to enrich their experience.
- You are between 20 to 30 years of age
- You are ready for an 18-month full-time commitment to the fellowship
- You understand that you will be expected to engage 24*7 with the fellowship
- You are already a graduate (in any discipline) or will be by fellowship start date
- You understand that you can be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area
- Fill out the online application form through the Apply Now link.
- Participate in a short telephonic conversation with an alumni.
- Respond to a situation judgement test online.
- Attend the assessment day (group activities and personal interview)
- The final cohort will be announced by March 2023. Fellowship begins in 10th April, 2023.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link