This is an exclusive platform being provided to the innovative African youth in travel and tourism looking for funding, partnership, and mentorship opportunities to present their projects to the global marketplace in order to find the required support for their programs.
The 4th and 2022 Youth in Tourism Innovation Summit will be hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism, Namibia. The key focus areas will include but not be limited to youth entrepreneurship, and students’ immersion in innovation, small enterprise development, personal transformation, and self-actualization.
Delegates will connect with African and global tourism leaders, entrepreneurial innovators, and partner organizations from across Africa and the rest of the world.
Held annually in collaboration with the UNWTO and BDO, this year’s Summit will include a desktop exhibition focused on highlighting youth empowerment initiatives, SMEs trade offerings including tour operators, tourism accommodation facilities, transport service providers, educational institutions, travel and marketing technology start-ups and incubators, employment agencies, professional development and more. The goal is to provide a transformative platform for African Youth, start-ups, entrepreneurs, students, and small enterprises for income generation and career development.
The Summit is established to nurture African youth, start-ups, small enterprises, and accelerator initiatives to pursue opportunities across the global tourism ecosystem to become industry change-makers and future industry leaders. Other specific objectives are to:
- Create a viable network to support youths, start-ups, and small enterprises to maximize their leadership potential;
- Help to drive a transformative change in their societies and nations at large through critical and design thinking;
- Train, inspire, and equip youths across Africa to impact their world, and proffer lasting innovative solutions for the growing Africa tourism sector;
- Empower youth at all levels, start-ups, and small enterprises by offering market access, business development, value partnership, mentorship, and funding solutions;
- Present an opportunity for youth to showcase their tourism-related businesses and bankable projects to the global marketplace in order to find the required support;
- Offer career development opportunities for youth interested in pursuing careers in travel, tourism, tourism academia, hospitality, aviation, conservation, and related industries and sub-sectors.
- $1000.00 grant seed for the winner.
- $500.00 grant seed for 1st & 2nd runner up.
- Complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support, and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
Clearly indicate the following to avoid disqualification:
- The vision, uniqueness, authenticity, and rationale.
- Evidence of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa – COVID-19 era and into the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities, and/or related industries.
- Timelines for the project.
- The kind of support required – funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion/additional, but relevant information of not more than 500 words.
- Competitors are required to show a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5 min) during the presentation.
- Age limit – 35 years.
Eligible Regions: African countries
Click on the “APPLY NOW” button to complete the application process.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link