Each year, the World Illustration Awards invite entries through an open call. Projects in any media can be entered into eight categories and can be submitted as either Professional entries, or as New Talent for work by students or recent graduates. The Awards received over 2,000 entries from 60+ countries, showcasing the breadth of illustration being made around the world today.
The World Illustration Awards are the most prestigious juried illustration Awards globally, respected by illustrators, agents and commissioners alike.
Work may be entered by the creator or third parties such as agents, colleges or commissioners. Submissions must be made into the eight categories as either a New Talent (students or those within 2 years of graduation or entering the illustration world) or a Professional entry.
The eight categories are:
- Childrens’ Books
- This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No.35 including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
- The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- All category winners will be given a complimentary annual AOI membership, valued at £160.
Open for AllEligible Regions: Open for all.
- Apply online through the given link.
- For further information please visit their official website.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link