La Casa Encendida and Fulgencio Pimentel are pleased to present the third Puchi award. The competition is open to books in any genre or form: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, novels, comics, illustrated albums, essays, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type imaginable. They are looking for a one-of-a-kind book or even a whole new kind of book.
This competition is open to literary and graphic projects of any kind that stand out by virtue of their premise, literary and graphic quality, originality, unconventionality or mould-shattering conception. A book can contain everything and anything, and that is precisely what this contest wants: fiction and non-fiction, essays, informative literature, poetry, illustration, comics, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type of work. The aim of this award is to shine a spotlight on works of the highest quality and originality. Some submissions might be works that are difficult to insert in conventional publishing circuits because of their unclassifiable nature; however, favourable consideration will be given to each project’s viability and suitability with regard to available resources.
La Casa Encendida is a social and cultural center managed by Fundación Montemadrid, a dynamic space open to audiences of all ages and persuasions where visitors can find some of today’s most groundbreaking artistic expressions as well as educational, philosophical and debating activities that revolve around the centre’s four main spheres of action: Arts, Solidarity, Environment and Education. La Casa Encendida organises various activities in each of these areas, attempting to satisfy the interests and needs of an engaged public attentive to the changing trends of today.
Adapting to global changes and anticipating new social and cultural needs remains our greatest challenge. For this reason, at La Casa Encendida they strive to keep growing as:
A cultural centre, a social centre, a non-formal education centre, a forum for reflecting on and debating, a platform for supporting and publicizing, a creative laboratory, a stimulating environment, an accessible building, and A meeting place.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €8,000 (VAT and all other taxes included, as an advance on the rights of the published work)
- The winner’s work published and distributed by Fulgencio Pimentel.
- Contestants may submit works-in-progress or finished works that have never been published, at least not with an ISBN and/or for commercial distribution. Projects must be accompanied by either the pseudonym or real name of the author (or authors, in the case of collaborative works).
- Each author or co-author of the project must submit:
- A completed entry form
- A curriculum vitae (one for each author)
- National ID, foreign resident ID or passport
- organizes summary of the work and statement of motivation (max. 2,000 characters with spaces)
- List of production requirements, if any (max. 1,000 characters with spaces)
Finished work or excerpt in the case of works-in-progress
- Works may be written in any language, although a provisional translation into English of at least two pages must also be submitted. The entry form, curriculum vitae, summary and statement of motivation, and production requirements must all be submitted in English.
- Previous works may also be shown, following the guidelines provided on the website.
- Submitted works that do not comply with these requirements will be disqualified by the jury.
- All authors of legal age are eligible to submit one or more original, unpublished works.
Please visit the official link for the application.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link