Student Energy, Youth Climate Lab and the Global Green Growth Institute are excited to announce the 2019 launch of Greenpreneurs! If you have a green growth idea 💡 thwant to make it happen!
GREENPRENEURS is a twelve-week virtual entrepreneurship accelerator and competition open to youth between the ages of 17 and 35 focused in GGGI member countries. Teams of 2 – 5 youth can submit their business proposal for a solution that positively impacts the future of sustainable energy; water and sanitation; sustainable landscapes (forestry and agriculture); or green city development.
Fifteen selected teams will take part in weekly online modules with webinars, tasks, resources and mentorship to take their green growth idea to an impactful viable business plan. The final two weeks of the program will culminate in a business competition for the opportunity to win small-scale seed funding. Explore the 2018 Greenpreneurs experience in the official website..
Apply before May 14 for your chance to participate!
- Top three teams who win the Business Plan Competition will win USD$5,000 per team in seed funding to get the initiative started.
- Also there will be bursaries to the 2021 International Student Energy Summit available – a Summit which unites 700 students from 100+ countries to engage with the world’s energy leaders and innovate for the sustainable energy future.
- Finally, depending on countries participating, there will also be the potential to collaborate with the Global Green Growth Institute at their country offices.
- Get connected globally, share knowledge, and receive the support and idea validation to take their ideas from concept to tangible business plan.
- Participating teams will be provided with weekly online learning models and webinars with industry experts to give them the resources and knowledge necessary to build out their business plan. In addition, each team will receive weekly mentorship and expert advice from subject matter experts.
- Teams will also compete in a final business competition for the chance to win small-scale seed funding for their venture as well as a trip to the GGGI Head Office in Seoul, South Korea and conference bursaries to the International Student Energy Summit.
- Please apply as a team with 2-5 members. If you are an individual, we would encourage you to reach out to your network and see if you can recruit some others to join you to apply for the program.
- Teams from any country are welcome to apply, however, those focused in GGGI Member Countries will be given preference. The GGGI Member Countries are:
- Costa Rica
- Republic of Korea
- Lao PDR
- Papua New Guinea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Viet Nam
- Burkina Faso
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link
For Further QueriesIf you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.[mashshare]