Application is now open for the Morgan Stanley Inclusive Ventures Lab 2023 cohort. The Morgan Stanley Inclusive Ventures Lab is an intensive five-month accelerator designed to help further develop and scale startups, culminating in a Demo Day and showcase presentation to the investor community.
Morgan Stanley launched the Inclusive Ventures Lab, formerly known as the Multicultural Innovation Lab, in 2017 in order to address inequities in funding of underrepresented founders, which our research shows totals more than a trillion dollars.
The U.S. Lab is based in our office at 522 Fifth Avenue in New York City, and the EMEA Lab is based at 20 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London.
Morgan Stanley’s in-house startup accelerator promotes financial inclusion and provides access to capital and connections for early-stage technology and technology-enabled companies led by underrepresented founders.
In their 2018 survey, investors reported capitalizing underrepresented businesses at 80% less than businesses overall, and the research shows this translates into roughly $4.4 trillion in a missed opportunity. The Morgan Stanley Inclusive Ventures Lab (MSIVL), part of the Inclusive Ventures Group, is here to change that. Launched in 2017, and expanded to include founders in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) in 2021, the MSIVL promotes financial inclusion and provides founders of tech and tech-enabled startups with much-needed access to investors—along with the tools, resources, and connections they need to grow and thrive. Their mission is nothing less than to transform the investing landscape around the world.
The Lab customizes a curriculum for each startup, including finance & sales strategy, marketing & branding, and private sessions with industry experts.
Morgan Stanley pairs each startup with hand-picked mentors who provide advice and counsel to help each company grow and scale its business.
Morgan Stanley introduces startups to our bankers, financial advisors, technology experts, and others who can connect each company to its industry networks. They also give them access to potential clients and the investor ecosystem at large.
Morgan Stanley’s five-month program culminates with a Demo Day during which all participants can present to a network of investors, potential business partners, and customers, who could help take their companies to the next level.
Location:United States, United Kingdom, Online
- A five-month curated program, mentorship, networking, and office space for the duration of the program.
- Access to certain external advisors in exchange for an equity stake of 5.00%.
- A cash contribution of $250,000 to each company participating in the New York-based program.
- A cash contribution of £250,000 to each company participating in the London-based program.
- An underrepresented founder, co-founder, CTO, or other C-suite members.
- Founder of a technology or technology-enabled startup that falls within the Seed to Series A funding round stage.
- Persons who have launched products with demonstrated revenues that validate the initial business model and market opportunity.
- Application has to be made through the online application form of the program.
- In order to make an application, applicants will have to sign up at the organization’s online application portal available at the apply link.
- After signing up, applicants can log into the account and complete the application process.