Donors for Africa Foundation in partnership with Meta launches the 4th cohort of “GEDA Digital (An African Social Innovators Bootcamp) designed to strengthen the capacity of third sector leaders in Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Ghana which is targeted at startup founders between the ages of 22 to 50 years working on any of the 17 SDGs.
Innovators must be passionate about becoming transformational leaders, building sustainable enterprises and leading truly impactful organisations.
GE` DA’ digital is a 6 months intensive professional leadership development program that offers you a unique opportunity to learn how to transform your community by acquiring new skills, increasing brand visibility and accessing funds. It provides solutions to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by increasing the human capacity of leaders who desire to understand how to play in the development sector and want to deep dive into building a thriving sustainable social impact organisation.
Participants are selected from diverse sectors in development from different countries in West Africa and encouraged to lead change boldly.
Last year, over 732 applications were received and this year we desire to receive more.
In this program, they are committed to empowering participants through an immersive learning experience, fostering more collaborations and co-creation while learning from sector experts, peers, and leading development organizations.
After the 12 weeks of training, leading participants will be assigned to mentors and will be better positioned to pitch and get funded.
What They Look For-
- Passion for the Intersection of your solution with any of the 17 SDGs: Your solution must be addressing any of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Capacity to Bridge Differences: Candidates should demonstrate interest and ability to build connections between individuals with differing cultural, socio-economic, and professional backgrounds.
- Orientation Towards Results: Candidates should describe their track record and abilities to produce tangible, successful, and positive results.
Applications are officially opened
Deadline – July 14th, 2022
GE’DA’s digital Start Date – August 2022
GE’DA’s digital Mentorship
GE’DA’s digital Pitch Competition (4.0)
GE’DA’s digital End Date – December 2022
1. Course modules will include but are not limited to;
- Professional Development Training
- Social Innovation Techniques
- Resource Mobilization
- Starting & Scaling
- Digital Competencies
- A systems approach to solving problems
- Impact Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resilience & Leadership
- Talent Management
- Hybrid Meetings
- Virtual Mentoring Engagements
- Group Peer-Peer Sessions
- Professional Networking Interactions
- Alumni Engagements and access to exclusive opportunities
- Capacity Building Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Personal Support from a dedicated in-country manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise Management
- Funding Opportunity
- Exclusive Invitation to topical growth webinars
- Remain a valued member of the network for future events and ongoing activities
3. OTHER BENEFITS
- Build professional credibility with this one-of-a-kind, immersive experience
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- A global family for life!
4. TRAINING BENEFITS
- Group Workshops
- Expert Sessions
- Cash Prizes
- Media Exposure
- Project/ Funding Referrals
- Growth Network for Life
To be considered for this fellowship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be the founder or hold an executive position within a registered organisation
- Be available to commit to attending all sessions
- Applicants must be 22 – 50 years.
- Ability to participate in the launch and graduation event
- Applicant and social enterprise organisations are interested and ready to scale the organization
- Must have a laptop and access to the internet
- Must be creating positive, direct, and intended impact aligned to one or more of the SDGs or AU Agenda 2063
- Review the eligibility criteria to confirm you are eligible for the GE` DA’ digital Fellowship.
- Complete the online application form by the deadline.
- All application materials must be in English.
- Await notification for the next steps by mid-July.
- Selected applicants will advance to the interview stage of the selection process.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link