Okayama City (Japan) and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee are pleased to announce that ‘ESD Okayama Award 2021’ is open for entry internationally. It rewards outstanding practices on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in local communities around the world. The aims of the award are to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities and promote ESD to local communities globally through showcasing their initiatives.
One representative of the winning project(s) will be invited to the Award Ceremony in Okayama, Japan, and will be requested to give a presentation on the project. The scheduled date is 20 November 2021 (Saturday). It has not been decided yet to be in-person or online due to uncertain circumstances.
US $3,000 per project (up to 2 projects).
Organizations based in any country, including Japan, implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Award.Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Please send application documents by e-mail to the Secretariat.
- ESD Okayama Award Secretariat (at Okayama City SDGs/ESD Promotion Division)
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Please write “ESD Okayama Award 2021 Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please note that the data must be less than 7 MB. We cannot receive data exceeding 7MB.
Please Maintain The Following Steps:
- ESD Okayama Award 2021 Application Form
- Please complete the ‘ESD Okayama Award 2021 Application Form’.
- The form must be written in either English or Japanese.
- The form can be downloaded from the URL below. https://www.city.okayama.jp/kurashi/0000029539.html
- Upload a video or slideshow of the Project
- Please prepare a video or slideshow of the project and upload it on YouTube or Facebook.
- Please note that a video or slideshow cannot be over 5 minutes.
- Please upload the data on ‘YouTube’ or ‘Facebook’, and write the URL on the column of the Application Form. Please do NOT send the data by e-mail.
- If you have several videos or slideshows, please select ONE and give its URL.
- If you have difficulty making a video or slideshow, please send us pictures by email (5 to 10 pictures).
- Supporting Documents
- You can attach relevant Supporting Documents to the Application Form.
- Supporting documents cannot be more than 5 pages (A4 Paper) in total.
- Documents exceeding 5 pages will not be accepted or considered.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021 (21 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link