The American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS) announces the award of two prizes each year for the best unpublished book manuscript on an Indian subject to promote scholarship in South Asian Studies.
• The Edward Cameron Dimock, Jr. Prize in the Indian Humanities
• The Joseph W. Elder Prize in the Indian Social Sciences
The winners will receive a $2500 Subvention for the press publishing the manuscript.
• Junior scholars who have received the PhD within the last eight years (2010 and after) are eligible.
• Must be the first book by the author.
• Unrevised dissertations are not accepted.
• There is no designated press for publication.
• Applicants need not have held any AIIS fellowship nor studied in an AIIS language program.
• Manuscripts published before the annual submission deadline are not eligible.
• Manuscripts under review or under contract with a press are eligible.
- Send one PDF and one paper copy of your manuscript, postmarked NO LATER THAN September 30, 2018, to:
- Anand Yang
Publications Committee Co-Chair
Box 353650, Jackson School of International Studies
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Anand Yang
- Send the PDF to [email protected]
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link