Established in 2012 at the University of British Columbia, and funded by donations from Mr. Peter A. Allard, Q.C., the CAD $100,000 Allard Prize for International Integrity is awarded biennially to an individual, movement or organization that has demonstrated exceptional courage and leadership in combating corruption or protecting human rights, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, and the Rule of Law. The Allard Prize was launched in 2012 and became independent of the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia on June 21, 2019.
The bi-annual Allard Photography Competition, which recognizes photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize, is adjudicated by the Allard Prize Committee and Maxe Fisher, Retired Professor, Faculty of Design + Dynamic Media, Emily Carr University of Art + Design. Photographers are encouraged to submit entries year-round. Entries should reflect themes of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally. They also particularly welcome entries that depict corruption and human rights violations in the developed world. Each winning photograph will receive CAD $1,000 and be featured on the Allard Prize website, with a brief description and the photographer’s name, for six months. Winning entries will be archived as a past winner on the website afterward.
Winners are selected twice a year, shortly following the submission deadlines of May 1st and November 1st. Winning photographs are announced on their galleries page and promoted on their social media channels.
- Each winning photograph will receive CAD $1000 and be featured on the Allard Prize website, with a brief description and the photographers name, for six-months.
- Winning entries will be archived as a past winner on the website afterward.
- Open to individuals who have reached the majority in their country of residence as the time of the entry.
- Member of the Allard prize Photography competition Jury, the Allard Prize Committee and advisory Board are not eligible to participate during their terms as Jury, Committee or Advisory Board members and for one year following the end of their terms.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
To enter the Competition, entrants must upload their photographs and complete the online submission form including:
- A brief description (up to 1200 characters) of the photographs, describing how the photograph reflects the themes of the Allard Prize of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability and rule of law, or of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally.
- A brief biography of the entrant.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023 (86 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link