UN Volunteers Asia and the Pacific invites young people in the ASEAN countries to JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Under the theme “Impact ASEAN”, Youth Volunteering Innovation Challenge (YVIC) supports volunteers to catalyze youth-led innovation for social impact and sustainable development by providing access to mentors and capital they need to grow and scale up their projects.
YVIC is looking for projects that focus on mobilizing volunteering for:
- Localization of the SDGs
- Sustainable behavior
- Developing skills for life and work
Focus of this regional workshop is to select and support teams whose projects have already been prototyped and are in the implementation and growth stage.
- All paid trip to Bangkok, Thailand to attend the regional workshop as a team of 2 or 3.
- Scale Up Grant worth up to 10,000 USD and mentorship from YVIC partners on growth and expansion for 3 teams for the following 3 months.
- A team of 2-3 people.
- All team members should be aged 18-30.
- All team members must be currently residing in their home country: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore.
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to work with their mentor after the workshop for 3 months.
- Projects should demonstrate collaborative approaches of working with various partners from government, grassroots organizations, communities, networks.
All proposals for the Regional YVIC should be submitted through the online application. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Successful teams will be announced by mid May.
Supplementary documents can be made in the format of photos, videos and any other creative media and sent to [email protected]. It will contribute only to the Presentation category of the scoring process.
The applying teams will be judged on the basis of:
- Needs Analysis: An analysis of the social issue and its affected population.
- Well-defined Target Group: Characteristics of the market and targeted population.
- Management: An assessment of the teams.
- Creativity and Feasibility: A demonstration that the idea is unique and can be successfully implemented.
- Sustainability: Long-term prospects for viability and success.
- Social Impact: The value that the new venture will bring to society.
- Scalability: Potential to scale up to the regional level
- Presentation: Overall effectiveness of the actual presentation.
Only 7 teams will be selected through this online application to attend the regional workshop in Bangkok, Thailand in June, 2017.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link