The development of globalization has a significant impact on changes in various aspects of Indonesian people’s lives. Along with the peak of the current globalization is also followed by rapid developments in technology such as the presence of the current industrial revolution 4.0. This makes it easier for Indonesian people to obtain various kinds of information that can have both positive and negative impacts.
The younger generation, as the most affected generation, needs to fortify themselves by increasing the capabilities of today’s renewable century or known as 21st-century skills. Phenomena that occur today among the younger generation of Indonesian people, such as innovation in-competencies (inability to innovate), in-secure (feeling uncomfortable), and irrelevant behaviors (irrelevant characters) in facing the challenges of digital society require special attention and approaches that are more flexible and innovative.
Digital-based leadership is an important issue in improving the competence of young people. This requires the younger generation to become educated generation in technology that has the ability of leadership and good cooperation (great leadership and teamwork), the ability to innovate and offer innovation to the community (entrepreneurial thinking), volunteering and high social sensitivity (volunteering). In addition, the younger generation is also faced with the challenge of continuing to learn and not eroded by the progress of time so that increasing science as high as possible (education) is one of the important elements in digital-based leadership. These four fields are very vital as an effort to develop themselves for the young generation of Indonesia, which is generally dominated by students.
This cannot be learned only in the academic environment at the elementary, secondary, and tertiary levels. Non-academic environment through various extracurricular activities and involvement in community activities are able to hone the ability of the younger generation better so that they have a high sensitivity to actively contribute. In addition, the younger generation needs appropriate mentors from both senior and peer groups and people who have been successful and inspiring have a very large role to motivate the younger generation to continue to contribute actively through the breakthrough of innovative leadership and broad impact.
Based on these conditions, KOMA Indonesia and Meetscholar intend to hold in Lead: Young Innovative Digital Leader Training with the theme Creative Leadership for Innovative Impact. This activity intends to train and print young generation candidates who have the ability of leadership and thinking that are solutive and innovative in dealing with the latest issues and have a high level of spirit in the era of advancement in digital technology.
In this program at the same time, an open donation was held to handle the COVID-19 pandemic that occurred in Indonesia. Every participant who will register is required to donate sincerely voluntarily. Collected donations will be used to help provide personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical staff, border post teams, and victims of COVID-19 infection or patients in quarantine in need. This activity will be held for 8 days (1 day 2 resource persons) with a gap of 1 day. The implementation system is a webinar via YouTube. It is hoped that this activity will be able to prepare young people with high leadership and sensitivity to be more actively innovating.
- Valuable digital leadership skills knowledge
- The profile/project of best 9 participants will be posted on Instagram official accounts of the organizer
- The best participant will also recognize as a Meetscholar Fellow and get access to mentorship with Meetscholar’s mentor
- The profile/project of the main best participants will be published on Meetscholar’s website
- Opportunity to participate in writing “young leader anthology” with KOMA x Meetscholar entitled “Narasi Calon Pemimpin Muda”
- Indonesian young generation aged 15 – 35 years
- Commit to the following series of INLEAD2020 activities from beginning to end
- Voluntary donation for COVID-19 outbreak in Indonesia by Bank of Mandiri Syariah accounts (bank code: 451) with Bank Account No. 7134065006 a/n Utari Akhir Gusti. Please confirm the transfer of donations to + +62823-8735-6996 (Utari Akhir Gusti) by Whatsapp.
- YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO DONATE.
- Non-Indonesian who interested to donate can also send the donation by PayPal: [email protected]
- Upload your Twibbon and tag Instagram official accounts @komaofficial.id and @meetscholar and 5 of your friends. Access Twibbon by the Apply Now link
- You are required to follow the Instagram official account of KOMA and Meetscholar
- Access official link by visiting the official website
- Please click the registration button at the bottom of the event page
- Fill in the registration form completely according to the instructions
- Then, Submit Form
- Join Whatsapp group via the link provided (the link will appear after the registration form is submitted)
Application Deadline: May 5, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link