Are you a South Asian woman who owns and operates a successful small business?
Do you wish to learn about international trade and how you might be able to embark on the pathway of growing your business into new international markets?
Then here’s an excellent opportunity for you. Applications are now open for the ‘Australia Awards: Women Trading Globally’ Short Course for women from South Asia. This is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, under its Aid for Trade and Australia Awards programs, in partnership with the Export Council of Australia.
During the course, participants will:
- learn about doing business in and with Australia
- connect with other women entrepreneurs from South Asia and Australia
- grow their business
- To be eligible, you must also:
- own and operate a successful business or play a leading role within a business
- have a strong command of English – spoken and written
- be able to attest that your business has export capabilities
- be able to travel to Australia from 17 November 2019 to 29 November 2019
- be keen to expand your international business capability
- Please note: successful applications will NOT be confirmed until you have presented to the organisers proof of a valid visa to enter Australia. Documented proof of such a visa must be sent via email to [email protected] no later than Monday 28 October 2019.
- All applicants are responsible for their own visa arrangements; please ensure that you apply for your visa on the day you receive your acceptance notification.
- You must be a citizen of the country from which you are applying.
Please note: This course is best suited to women whose companies export, or are looking to export, products. Most of the course is also suitable for service exports. It is of limited value for tourism operators.Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- To ensure that the program is beneficial to you and your business, please complete the detailed application form from the Apply Now link and send it to Angela Wright at [email protected], by no later than 11.59pm (AEST) on Friday 20 September 2019.
- All answers will be treated with utmost confidentiality and will be used only to assess your suitability to participate in the Short Course.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link