The Thomson Reuters Foundation together with the Global Leadership Academy and the GIZ Sector Programme on Gender Equality and Women’s Rights are launching a leadership and innovation Lab “Unveil the Hidden Presence: Trafficking in Women and Children”.
Human trafficking occurs in virtually every country in the world and often across borders. Women and girls account for about 70 percent of the victims; two out of three trafficking victims are girls.
Trafficking in persons is a gross human rights violation and strongly connected to other topics such as humanitarian action, security, violence against women and children, migration management and refugee protection, business responsibility and supply chain accountability, and economic development. Participants will engage in dialogue and jointly develop new approaches to increase awareness on and prevent trafficking in women and children.
- 30 high-ranking participants from governments, media, business, academia, and civil society will get the opportunity to participate.
- Costs for the coaching, and the meetings including facilitation, and meals during the meetings are covered
- A limited number of scholarships are available for flight and/or accommodation for the face-to-face meetings
- Have a strong motivation to investigate and report on human trafficking
- Are strongly motivated to help transform existing paradigms
- Are open to different and new ways of thinking
- Are interested in developing personally
- Are fluent in English
- Applicants have to provide the following documents :
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short motivation letter on:
- Why are you interested in the Lab?
- How does your profile fit the Lab’s aims?
- Which challenges do you face to bring change to your sector?
- Send the above documents at [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 14, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link