To connect short documentary filmmakers with digital media platforms, the Global Short Docs Forum 2020 is calling for submissions.
The Global Short Docs Forum 2020 brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops and mentoring we will take your short doc from conception to commission.
Global Short Docs Forum is a much needed and dedicated initiative to nurture new talent in documentary shorts, giving them access to the growing number of digital media platforms.
One World Media champions new and diverse voices telling international stories. They have a special interest in films that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes they want to see in the world.
To encourage new narratives and underreported stories their focus is on filmmakers from areas with low production capacity or little global visibility, as well as underrepresented filmmakers in geographical areas of established media production.
One World Media is especially looking for stories from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States.
Selected filmmakers join a supportive environment of international filmmakers coming together to discuss, develop and rework their pitches, leading to one-to-one meetings with representatives from digital platforms.
The online Forum will be composed of 2 x 2h sessions for 4 weeks, along with individual mentoring meetings throughout the week. By the end of the Forum, filmmakers will be expected to produce a short pre-recorded pitch video, including a trailer of their project. These will be shared with platform representatives, in advance of the one-to-one pitching sessions.
The Global Short Docs Forum is a dedicated event to bridge the gap between the growing number of online media platforms looking for documentary shorts, and short doc filmmakers:
- Dedicated to shorts. Pitching and development forum wholly dedicated to documentary shorts: GSDF is the first of its kind.
- New and diverse voices. Fresh and unique narratives offering original perspectives on the dominant digital platforms.
- Meet the gatekeepers. Curated workshops, pitch training, and networking opportunities between the experts and the makers.
- Access to market. Access for diverse filmmakers to the growing market of online platforms seeking untold stories.
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world
- Filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give them a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2020 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link