Taepyung Salt Farm X Lamplab are seeking artists to submit entries for the juried exhibition, ‘Art Like Salt.’ The winner will be chosen to participate in a residency program in Shinan, designated a ‘Slow City’, in South Jeolla Province, South Korea, with the opportunity to create work in any of the following formats, photography, video, installation, or sculpture, with the theme of ‘the Garden of Time.’
Art Like Salt is…
‘Art Like Salt’ is the Taepyung Salt Farm Art Project sponsored by Taepyung Salt Farm Co. (C.E.O. Sangil Kim) and curated by LAMPLAB (Director Suejin Shin). Taepyung Salt Farm is located on Jeungdo Island, known for large tidal flats and long sunny days that create the ideal conditions for Korea’s famous sea salt. Taepyung Salt Farm also operates the Salt Museum, once a salt storage, now preserved as a national cultural heritage. Many people visit Jeungdo Island every season to see the famous beautiful sunsets. We have created a new special exhibition hall in the Salt Museum which we hope will bring artistic inspiration.
- The Winner of the Year (an individual or group) will have the opportunity to participate in a residency program for 6 weeks between September and October 2019. (RV in a leisure park will be provided)
- The artworks of the winner will be exhibited at the Salt Museum located in Jeungdo, Shinan-gun, Jeollanam-do, South Korea, for 12 weeks between October 2019 and February 2020.
- The winner also will be rewarded 5,000,000 KRW (before tax) and travel expenses (EU·America – 1,200,000 KRW / Asia and other countries – 700,000 KRW, before tax)
Photography, video, installation, sculptureEligible Regions: Open for All
- Please submit at least 10 images in jpeg (individual or series of works). Provide a description including title, year, dimension, and material of your work in the body of the email, to [email protected]
- Please include your name, mailing address, email address, resume, and artist’s statement (PDF file).
- They will notify you within 2 days, upon receipt of the email.
- No entry fee.
Application Deadline: September 2, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link