Harvard Business School Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts. Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by business leaders across a variety of industries. You’ll wrestle with the same issues and imperfect information, while problem-solving and interacting with fellow learners from around the world. You can also explore the economic forces shaping health care taught by Harvard Medical School faculty, Health Care Economics, a Harvard Online course, provides insights into the interactions between industries in the US health care sector and teaches what economic forces are shaping health care.
The course will be delivered via HBS Online’s course platform and immerse learners in real-world examples from experts at industry-leading organizations. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Play an Introduction to Health Care Economics video
- Go to Course Syllabus
- Articulate the drivers of spending and spending growth in health care and evaluate how your organization’s strategy and decision-making processes impact total spending and value
- Describe approaches to getting the incentives right for both providers and patients and evaluate the impacts of changes to these incentives
- Understand risk and pooling as they relate to insurance markets and health benefit design
- Define the role of employers, insurers, and government in influencing the economics of health care markets, such as spending, access to care, and stability of insurance markets
- Explain how technology and patients’ and providers’ decisions contribute to high spending and spending growth, and how they impact their own organizations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the health care landscape, including the key drivers of rising health care spending.
- Gain insights into strategic decisions around new business initiatives, health benefit plans, reimbursement contract negotiations, and care delivery models.
- Understand the financial impacts of new technologies and services and how to create value-based care for patients.
- World-class faculty.
- Edge-of-your-seat online learning.
- Global peer collaboration and networking.
- Real-world, case-based learning.
- Some candidates may qualify for scholarships or financial aid, which will be credited against the Program Fee once eligibility is determined.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Applicants must be committed to learning and engaging with fellow participants throughout the program.
- All programs require the completion of a brief application.
- The applications vary slightly from program to program, but all ask for some personal background information.
- If you are new to HBS Online, you will be required to set up an account before starting an application for the program of your choice.
- Online application is free, and no special documentation is required.
- After submitting your application, you should receive an email confirmation from [email protected]
- If you do not receive this email, please check your junk email folders and double-check your account to make sure the application was successfully submitted.
- Updates to your application and enrollment status will be shown on your Dashboard.
- They will confirm enrollment eligibility within one week of your application.
- They will accept payments via credit card, Western Union, and (when available) bank loan.
- They also allow you to split your payment across 2 separate credit card transactions or send a payment link email to another person on your behalf.If splitting your payment into 2 transactions, a minimum payment of $350 is required for the first transaction.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021 (25 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link