The JAMII Femmes initiative aims to increase the impact of African women entrepreneurs on the African economy and support the creation of innovative solutions for sustainable development that will contribute to positive change in Africa by improving the quality of life of tens of thousands of people.
For this first year, the Coca-Cola Foundation and Women In Africa offer a multi-phase program to 7,000 women from three countries.
The first phase is a 4-month digital training phase, conducted by WIA’s partner, Honoris United Universities, Africa’s first and most extensive network of private higher education institutions, which will enable them to develop skills in:
- Behavioral intelligence
- Critical thinking
- Creativity and design thinking
- Communication, collaboration
In the second phase, selected beneficiaries will have access to grants.
Finally, in the third phase, selected beneficiaries will be able to participate in an accelerator program, after which a special prize of USD 10,000 will be awarded per country.
The 3 pillars of the program in 2022:
- Access to education: 7,000 women entrepreneurs will benefit from a digital program on entrepreneurship and social and personal skills. The sessions, led by WIA’s knowledge partner and Africa’s first and largest network of private higher education institutions, Honoris United Universities, will provide women with a comprehensive approach to developing creative ideas, as well as knowledge on leadership and management skills. With the accelerator program, 70 women entrepreneurs from 3 countries will benefit from coaching and an in-depth support program.
- Access to finance: 600 women entrepreneurs will receive grants to support their business development and improve their impact on communities. At the end of the program, one laureate per country will receive a prize of $10,000 to support her project.
- Network access and visibility: The program will give participants lifetime access to the WIA network, and thus, to potential collaborators throughout Africa. WIA will create an Advisory Council for each country, composed of local personalities who will accompany the program. Therefore, women entrepreneurs will be able to be in contact with these prominent personalities.
They will be highlighted on WIA’s social media throughout the program.
- Women entrepreneurs will benefit from a digital program on entrepreneurship, and social and personal skills.
- 600 women entrepreneurs will receive grants to support their business development
- lifetime access to WIA network
- Woman over 18
- Of nationality or living in Nigeria, Kenya, or Côte d’Ivoire
- Mainly in the Agriculture sector and/or in connection with the Sustainable Development Goals defined by UNESCO
Eligible Regions: Nigeria, Kenya, or Côte d'Ivoire