J. Skytte Institute of Political Studies (University of Tartu, Estonia) offers English-based free online course on Understanding EU-Russia Relations: Foreign Policy Actors, Institutions and Policy-Making from 11.02.2019 to 17.03.2019.
During the course you are going to learn about historical and institutional framework of EU-Russia relations; EU and Russia’s relevant foreign policy actors and institutions, involved in shaping bilateral relations; as well as contested areas of EU and Russia’s interactions in shared neighborhood and energy relations.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The course will provide you with both theoretical knowledge and sector specific expertise covered by practitioners coming from HEIs, NGOs and EU institutions such as members of the European Parliament, representatives of the Union of European Federalists, Estonia -Russia CBC programme and Barents Euro-Arctic Cooperation.At the end of the course, you will be able to apply the acquired knowledge in practice through completing a short mini-project, focused on media analysis of sources dealing with the state of EU-Russia affairs.
By enrolling to the course you will have access to:
- 2+ hours of video lectures and audio podcasts, focusing on theoretical concepts and key aspects of EU-Russia affairs;
- 5 guest lecture interviews aimed at providing sector specific information about EU-Russia relations with representatives of European Parliament, Union of European Federalists; Estonia-Russia CBC Programme; Barents Euro-Arctic Cooperation and University of Tampere;
- 4 multiple-choice quizzes and mini-project, helping you to test and apply your knowledge in practice;
- 135 pages of compulsory reading material, laying down additional information about various aspects of EU-Russia relations.
- 3 discussion prompts aimed at sparkling the discussion about covered topics
- vibrant and international online community of peers with whom you can learn together and interact throughout the course.
Everyone interested in international affairs and EU-Russia relations, especially master degree and bachelor students in European and Russian studies, international relations and political science.Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link