Global Scholar prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar offers a unique curriculum that combines intimate policy seminars with powerful skills training you won’t get anywhere else. This gives Global Scholars the robust knowledge, deep self-awareness, and marketable skills they need to become bold and visionary students, leaders, change makers, and professionals. Join us online or in-person to:
- Explore urgent global challenges with experts working on the front lines of global challenges.
- Build powerful skills for leading transformative action through fast-paced workshops.
- Do big things now; apply your knowledge and skills to craft and launch a meaningful project around a timely and critical global challenge.
- Launch your global career.
- Build inspiring friendships with peers equally motivated to pursue leadership opportunities and careers from around the globe. Last year’s class included participants from over 20 US states and 14 countries.
The world can’t wait for your brilliance, and neither can they. Apply Now to AMP Global Scholar or attend one of their AMP Live! Q&A Sessions on Instagram. Apply by April 5 to lock in Early Bird Pricing!
AMP Global Scholar equips youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges.
- Unlike anywhere else, students will meet the brightest young changemakers speaking about global issues in a “can-do” way.
- Their popular Action Lab workshops will give students advanced training they won’t get anywhere else allowing them to build skills to be a bold and visionary global leader.
- Throughout the program students will apply their knowledge and skills to craft and launch a meaningful project around a timely and critical global challenge.
- Students will be able to discover careers, schools and opportunities in international affairs through career panels, career mapping, and 1:1 conversations with professionals working in the private, public and nonprofit sectors, as well as representatives from scholarship, fellowship, and study abroad programs.
Need-based grants are available to those that may qualify. Learn More There!
- This program is for rising 9th-12th graders who are curious, bold, and visionary.
- You do not need any particular prior experience or coursework; the biggest thing we look for is curiosity and eagerness to explore urgent global challenges and become changemakers.
All of their programs kick off with the two day virtual Power Up, bringing together youth leaders and experts from around the globe to jump start their thinking around the global system, change making, and the power of youth. The group then continues their journey in Washington, D.C. for powerful workshops, site visits, social events, and sightseeing.
- Housing: This summer they are once again based at both Georgetown University and American University in Washington, D.C. Scholars stay in a secure dorms on campus alongside our program staff. Most rooms are doubles, with a shared bathroom on the floor.
- Meals: While we eat many of our meals in the cafeteria , we also eat in downtown Washington, D.C. on the days we are visiting offices or sightseeing. Favorite destinations include the food trucks and Ethiopian food!
- COVID safety: The program follows the COVID protocols set in place by the universities and the DC Department of Health. Additional, final guidelines will be released closer to the program launch date.
Apply Now to AMP Global Scholar or attend one of the AMP Live! Q&A Sessions on Instagram.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2023 (45 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link