Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative, YSEALI Regional Workshop 2019 to Empower Southeast Asian Educators will take place in Malaysia.
Launched in 2013, the (YSEALI) is the U.S. Department of State’s signature program to strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia. Through a variety of programs and engagements, YSEALI seeks to build the leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture an ASEAN community of leaders who work across borders to solve common issues.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Supported by the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, the YSEALI Empowering Southeast Asian Educators Workshop is co-organized by The Asia Foundation and StartupMalaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The workshop, which will be held August 19-23, 2019, will bring together 100 educators from across Southeast Asia to explore personalized learning approaches and strengthen the network of educators in the region.
Participants can benefit from being exposed to personalized learning approaches and design thinking methodologies which will allow them to design, develop and implement solutions to overcome teaching challenges in their classrooms. They will also gain knowledge of personalized learning methodologies and project management tools through pre-workshop engagement, workshop presentations, discussions, as well as through cultural engagement. The workshop will provide the participants to engage in outreach activities that will give them an opportunity to try out some of their ideas while receiving mentoring and capacity development support.
- Participants will be exposed to personalized learning approaches and design thinking methodologies which will allow them to design, develop and implement solutions to overcome teaching challenges in their classrooms.
- Participants will gain knowledge of personalized learning methodologies and project management tools through pre-workshop engagement, workshop presentations, discussions, as well as through cultural engagement.
- Participants will engage in outreach activities that will give them an opportunity to try out some of their ideas.
- Participants will receive mentoring and capacity development support.
- Build a regional network of educators to continue exchanging ideas and best practices thereby strengthening the regional educator community.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Between 20 years and 35 years of age.
- A citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam.
- Have a valid passport that expires after February 2020 (at least 6 months’ validity).
- A YSEALI member – join at http://yseali.state.gov
- Able to speak and read English
- Currently studying to be an educator or have teaching experience (formal or non-formal), exhibit leadership potential and demonstrate an awareness of and interest in engaging in regional educational activities.
- Commit to participate in the online pre- (June-July 2019) and post-workshop (September-October 2019) activities.
- Have access to computer and internet.
- Must be able to participate fully throughout the entire program from August 19-23, 2019 (includes travel days). If participants are coming from a remote community, they need to plan for additional travel days before and after the above dates.
- Please note that priority will be given to those who have not previously attended an YSEALI regional workshop.
Apply online through the link below.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019 (1 Day Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link