Schwarzman Scholars are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. Prospective Scholars are expected to demonstrate academic excellence, exceptional results in their field, and outstanding leadership qualities. A one-year, fully-funded master’s program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, designed to build a global community of future leaders who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Every year, a new class is selected to represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Their cohort of global leaders reflects the diversity, vibrancy, and promise of the world at large. Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives, and positions. Candidates who are most qualified to meet the high demands of the program must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intellectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Open Mindedness
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
The selection process prioritizes academic excellence and leadership potential without regard for the university or college where the candidate studied, assuming the institution was properly accredited. Outstanding Scholars and leaders have come from a wide variety of institutions. They welcome applications from candidates who have already pursued advanced degrees, provided they meet all of the other eligibility criteria for the program. The Schwarzman Scholars selection process strives to understand candidates as individuals and to assess them within their own academic, professional, and cultural contexts.
Schwarzman Scholars is asking that candidates make a connection between their work/interests and the world around them. They are interested in how the candidate describes the things they are passionate about and their ability to understand how they can both contribute to and learn from participation in the Schwarzman Scholars program. The program of study, including all required courses and activities, is one year, beginning with mandatory orientation in late August and concluding with a graduation ceremony early the following July.
- Expenses for Schwarzman Scholars are fully covered by the program, including the following: tuition, fees, room, and board, travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, in-country study tours, required course books and supplies, a Lenovo laptop, health insurance, and a personal stipend.
- Interview expenses, such as economy class air or train travel, group meals, and one night in a hotel if needed, are arranged and covered by the program.
- Must have an undergraduate degree,
- Must be 18-28 years of age,
- Must be proficient in the English language,
- Must demonstrate extraordinary leadership skills,
- Must have the ability to anticipate and act on trends and changes in their context,
- Must have a strong intellectual capacity,
- Must have exemplary character.
- Applicants will have to register an account on the official application portal to make the application. (Available on the apply link.)
- After completing account registration, applicants will have to log in to the account and fill out the online application form and submit it along with the required supporting documents to complete the application process. (The list of the required documents is available on the official website.)
- Applications must be submitted in English.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link