The University of Sydney (UoS) is a public research university located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is the oldest university in Australia and one of the country’s most prestigious universities.
The university offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various faculties, including arts and social sciences, engineering and information technologies, health sciences, law, medicine and health, science, and business. It has a strong research focus and is renowned for its contributions to various fields, including medicine, science, engineering, humanities, and the arts.
UoS has a large and diverse student population, with over 70,000 students enrolled, including a significant number of international students from more than 130 countries. The university has a vibrant campus community, with a range of clubs and societies for students to get involved in, as well as excellent facilities and services to support student learning and development.
University of Sydney Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded masters and PhD scholarship for international students. This scholarship cover tuition fees and living allowance. Scholarship amount of $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
Please note that it may take up to four months from submission of your application to receiving an email on whether you have been successful. No separate scholarship application form is need to be submitted. To be considered for the scholarship, an application for admission to your research degree must be submitted.
To apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS), the University of Sydney invites international candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program. The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
- For 2023 awards, the scholarship is valued at $37,207 per annum. The scholarship assists with tuition fees and living costs.
- be a commencing or enrolled international student
- have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
- Commencing students should select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree. A separate application is not required.