The scholarship in the Department of Chemistry within the School of Physical Sciences, University of Adelaide is funded by Future Fuels CRC to support a full-time PhD student who is commencing research in Solar Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production. The project will involve the synthesis, characterization, and testing of novel water splitting photocatalysts to generate hydrogen and oxygen in a Z-scheme photo-electrochemical reactor. The recipient will be working with several world-leading researchers within the Department of Chemistry, recently ranked as “well above world standard” by the Australian Research Council.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most research-intensive institutions. With world-leading researchers, modern facilities, and innovative culture, they’re committed to delivering research that is highly valued by our local and global communities.
- The scholarship will be for 3 years and has a stipend of $33,000 per annum. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- A full fee scholarship may also be available for qualifying international applicants.
- Undergrad degree in Engineering or Science with a background in physical and materials chemistry, catalysis, or related areas;
- Honors or Masters postgraduate degree with H1 or equivalent GPA.
- Demonstrated research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management and ability to work to priorities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- One or more first-author publications in a high impact journal.
- Experience in one or more of the following: catalysis, photocatalysis, synthesis of inorganic materials, surface characterization (e.g. SEM, TEM, XPS, XRD), experiment development.
- Application for Admission must be submitted using the Online Application Form available at the Apply Now link.
- Email a summary of your application for admission to the School of Physical Sciences, [email protected] with “Application for CRC funded Ph.D. Scholarship” in the subject heading. You can request a copy of your application summary by emailing [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Request for application summary’.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020 (25 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link