Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is an academic enrichment program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 150 countries (including all 50 U.S. states) participate in one interdisciplinary, two-week session online or at Yale’s historic campus. Immerse yourself in a global learning community at Yale University.
YYGS is one of the most globally diverse, accessible pre-college programs in the world. The program serves over 2,000 students from 150+ countries and distributes over $3 million in need-based financial aid equally to domestic and international students.
- Need-based financial aid (up to $6,300, or 100% tuition fee)
- Opportunity to grab additional Young Leaders Scholarship to students who meet the criteria
- Opportunity to grab additional Yale Young African Scholars Scholarship to students who meet the criteria
- After ending the program successfully, participants will get recognition
- Age: Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022 (first day of Session III).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2023 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS Participation: Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in a YYGS session during a previous summer** (2020 and prior), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2022.
Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable to attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2022.Eligible Regions: Open for All
Click APPLY NOW to start your YYGS application on web-based application portal.
All students must submit the following application components:
- Activities list
- One 400-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two Recommenders (who will complete YYGS Recommendation Forms ONLY)
- Application fee ($60 for Early Action and $75 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Submit Application button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid
Application Deadline: November 3, 2021 (15 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link