The Deutschlandstipendium supports highly talented students at all participating universities in Germany. The scholarship is awarded without consideration of personal or parent income and one’s nationality is not material to award either. The scholarship funds do not count towards grants awarded under the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG). There are no social insurance contributions payable.
The Deutschlandstipendium provides financial and non-material support to high-achieving and committed students from all over the world. Modelled after the principle of public-private partnership, businesses, foundations or private individuals sponsor young talent with a pledge of 150 euros per month. The Federal Government matches this amount with another 150 euros. But there is even more: Many universities and private sponsors also support Deutschlandstipendium holders through concurrent mentoring programmes, networking events and internships.
More and more institutions of higher education and private sponsors are offering additional non-financial support in connection with the Deutschlandstipendium. Mentoring programmes, networking events and internships allow scholarship holders to establish valuable contacts to businesses and gain insight into work life.
Funding is normally granted for at least two semesters but may be provided for a maximum time which covers the standard period of study. At intervals of two semesters the university reviews whether the scholarship holder still meets the award criteria and whether private funding will continue to be available
- 150 euros per month. The Federal Government matches this amount with another 150 euros.
- 300 euros per month for international top-class talents.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the individual institutions.
- In addition to academic achievement, the criteria for selecting scholarship recipients include social commitment and personal achievements, such as a student overcoming challenges or obstacles in his or her social or family background.
- The Deutschlandstipendium is awarded by the universities. So, interested students should first apply to their preferred universities for admission.