Every year the Austrian Development Cooperation offers students from developing countries scholarships to help with tuition fees and general expenses. The Austrian Development Cooperation offers two scholarships :
- Scholarship for ADC’s priority countries
- Scholarship for other developing countries
Founded in 1965, the Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management Klessheim provides formal education for professionals in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Since 1965, the Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management has developed a worldwide reputation for the highest hospitality education. Their international programs are designed to give practical and modern management knowledge to empower their students for careers in the tourism and hospitality industry. Limited numbers of scholarships are being provided by the Austrian Development Agency(ADA) every year.
Over 2500 students have been awarded the international diploma. A three months industrial placement is possible after completing the diploma program. Today the city of Salzburg attracts visitors from all over the world. The baroque city is rightfully proud of both its UNESCO World Heritage Site status and its title as the ”City of Mozart“, thanks to being Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart´s birthplace. Every year students from around the world take home invaluable knowledge and experience from the longstanding traditions of tourism and tourism education in Salzburg.
Students may attend ITH by private means or through scholarships given by the Austrian Development Cooperation. A limited number of scholarships are offered every year by the Austrian Development Cooperation. Please be aware that being offered a scholarship is not automatic and very competitive.
- Hospitality Management Module or
- Tourism Management Module
Training and education in Hospitality Management are provided in modern facilities with kitchen, bar, and restaurant opportunities. The practical experience is coupled with the teaching of the latest operational theories and trends in the hospitality industry. You will study subjects ranging from Food & Beverage Management to Front Office Management and Hotel Marketing.
This module will provide you with the latest knowledge for a career in the tourism industry in general, and in Travel Management in particular. Besides the focus on Destination and Tourism Management, you will acquire practical knowledge and skills for managing tour operators and travel agency businesses. You will receive training in making online bookings, including making real-time bookings using Systems that are widely used in the industry.
- Scholarship for ADC´s priority countries includes accommodation, flight cost, health insurance, meals from Monday – Sunday, and pocket money of approx. € 205 per month, Tuition fee.
- Scholarship for developing countries includes Tuition fees, health insurance, meals from Monday – Friday, and pocket money of approx. € 205 per month.
- There is an age limit of 35 years for eligibility.
- Late applications will not be processed.
- Accommodation costs have to be covered by students who are awarded this scholarship.
- Students with this scholarship have to cover their own travel expenses from their countries to Salzburg and back.
- The visa fee has to be paid by the applicants. The fee for the 8-month residence permit is €160.
- Show with facts why you should receive a scholarship (achievements, goals…).
- Get information about ITH from an Austrian consulate or embassy.
- Download the ITH application form from their official website. Austrian embassies and consulates have that form as well.
- Application Process – all applications should be sent directly to the Institute via post.
- The submission deadline is the 31st of March 2023 (all applications have to be received by the ITH office the latest by the 31st of March 2023).
- You will receive a confirmation by email that your application has been received.
- Confirmation – You will be informed about the result of your application in May 2023. If you were awarded a scholarship you will receive a letter of acceptance.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link