Applications for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals are now being accepted! An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2020
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
Purpose of the scholarship
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
The following benefits will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help the candidate grow professionally and build his/her network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Work experience – must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- Leadership experience – have demonstrated leadership experience from their current or previous employment.
- Master’s programmes – The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions – Applicants are liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, and have to have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 3 April 2020.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes by clicking on “Apply Now” link by 15 January 2020.
- University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
- After submitting the application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, the applicant will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. He/she should save the number as it will be needed when applying to SISGP.
- 3 February 2020 is deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable.
- After having completed the application to a master’s programme one can apply for an SI scholarship. The list of required documents can be found in the official website.
- During the application period 10-20 February 2020, submit the required documents digitally through their online application portal. The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 10 February 2020 to 23:59 CET 20 February 2020.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020 (34 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link