Asylum seekers have often had to overcome great adversity to start over in a new country. As the number of refugees in the Netherlands is increasing rapidly, a higher education institution is opening its doors to give them the chance to become valuable members of society. They believe international talent should not go to waste, which is why The Hague University of Applied Sciences and The Hague University of Applied Science Pro are offering up to three Susana Menendez Bright Future Scholarships (BFS) for the 2023-2024 academic year that are open to all asylum status holders. In their opinion, higher education plays an essential role in preparing refugees for the Dutch job market and expanding their network and knowledge. They are looking for talented people and professionals who are ready to take on the challenge and join one of their Master’s programs (available in English).
The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for successful candidates. Books will be provided for but must be returned after graduation.
Programs available in English:
- Master of Business Administration (regular program, full-time or part-time).
- Master in Financial Management and Control, MSc (full-time or part-time).
- Master in International Communication Management, MA (full-time or part-time).
The scholarships will be awarded by a committee of judges selected by The Hague University of Applied Science Pro. The committee’s decision is binding and you will be informed about the results by email by 1 June. Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have met all terms and conditions of enrolment. By submitting your essay, you are giving them the right to publish it if desired. Scholarship winners are also expected to participate actively in the program and its evaluations, become an ambassador of The Hague University of Applied Science Pro and contribute to the internationalization of their institution. If you have any questions before applying, please email them to [email protected]. Please make sure to read the BFS Regulations, as it contains detailed information regarding this scholarship program.
- The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for successful candidates.
- Books will be provided for but must be returned after graduation.
- Open to all asylum status holders.
- Preparing refugees for the Dutch job market and expanding their network and knowledge.
The scholarship application procedure is open to prospective students who:
- Have submitted an application for enrolment in a Master’s degree program at The Hague University of Applied Sciences;
- Were not previously enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at The Hague University of
Applied Sciences or the institution’s preparatory school;
- Have not previously received financial aid from The Hague University of Applied Sciences as part of a scholarship program.
- The prospective student must meet the requirements outlined and must have followed the procedures it describes.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Step 1
Apply for the Master’s program of your choice using the online application tool.
- Step 2
Write an essay (in English, 900 to 1100 words) outlining in what ways you intend to be an impactful innovator. What would you like to contribute to creating a better world with your degree? Please read their essay guidelines and further information on the assessment procedure before you start writing.
- Step 3
Submit your essay by emailing it to [email protected]. Please write ‘BFS’ in the subject line and state your student number in the essay.
- Step 4
If you are required to take a PPS-V test, they will provide you with more information.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link