The Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships programme for Foreign Students for the undergraduate degree programme. Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
Scholarships are available for the undergraduate degree programme. Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period. It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university/higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation.
- Reimbursement of cost of airfare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only ].
- Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with results at a foreign examination held outside Sri Lanka, deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to Universities in Sri Lanka: Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E.(A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree. or Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned or Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination. The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which conducted the examination concerned.
- Age: Be less than 25 years on 16.04.2018
- English Language Requirements: Applicants except native English speakers must provide evidence of proficiency in English. Minimum score for TOEFL is 525 and minimum band score is 6.0 for IELTS.
Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be received to the address.
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
- Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 06 B of the application.
- The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts of G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L or their equivalents.
- Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Medical Certificate
- Police Report
- Note: Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link