Scholarship of the Government of the Slovak Republic are open for 2021 through online applications!
Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia’s official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community. Act No. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on amendment of certain acts and Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Decree No. 50/2016 defining the details of awarding government scholarships entered into force on 1 January 2016. The Slovak government adopted the Medium-Term Strategy for Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic for 2019-2023.
Slovak government scholarships include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status. Award of such scholarships has become a part of state policy supporting Slovaks Living Abroad, which has developed gradually over time, with the adoption of Act No. 474/2005 Coll. on Slovaks Living Abroad and on amendment of certain acts, the establishment of the Office for Slovaks Living Abroad.
Government Scholarships of the Slovak Republic will comprise the following items in the 2021/2022 academic year:
- Monthly scholarship
- One-time stipend upon the commencement of study in the SR 35 €
- One-time stipend upon the completion of study in the SR 100 €
- Monthly stipend for public university
- A government scholarship may be granted to a citizen of a partnering country under who
- temporary residence for the purpose of studies,
- temporary residence as a third country national granted Slovak Living Abroad status, or
- the right to reside in the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period longer than three months,
- a full-time student in an academic programme at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the fields of study under who demonstrates a command of Slovak at the level required by the public university concerned, or
- a participant in language training, and
- as of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
- is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age if the recipient will participate in language training for participation in a first level or second level academic programme or an academic programme combining the first and second levels, or study in such an academic programme or
- is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age if the recipient will participate in language training for participation in a third level academic programme, or study in such an academic programme.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Applicants are recommended not to submit their applications at the last moment. The number of operations executed within the last minutes prior to the application deadline may have an influence on the reaction time of the application system. Please, keep that in mind, in order not to miss the application deadline.
- Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload all the required attachments in the required format to their online application.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link