Think On 2019 is a 10-day liberal arts international summer camp taking place in Da Lat, Vietnam from July 18th – 27th, 2019 with the participation of 10 international young adults (as mentors) and 30 talented local high school students (as mentees).
Each mentor will conduct a workshop related to liberal arts, ranging from humanities, social science, to mathematics, technology and natural science. Besides workshops, mentors are also responsible for holding a soft skills activity — emotional intelligence, time management, problem solving, social networking, and critical thinking — that mentees could apply in their daily life. In between workshops and soft skills activities are the exhausting and draining Amazing Race, the informative and competitive quiz bowl, the educational and inspirational field trip, and the unique and impressive Speak Up which mentees will deliver their own presentations. In the final day of the camp, we also encourage mentors to set up a booth of their own country in the Cultural Fair, presenting their hometown culture and history, demonstrating folk songs and instruments, or playing interactive traditional games and crafts, as Think On will invite the Dalat public to attend this half-day event.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Think On dedicates to bringing a platform for Vietnamese high school students to learn liberal arts education model, meet and make lifelong international friends, cultivate soft and hard skills, expand their knowledge and horizons, and explore potential academic and career life. With an intensive exposure to liberal arts education, Think On firmly believes that all participants could grasp an interdisciplinary knowledge of all disciplines, sharpen various transferable skills in career, and build a lifelong supportive and kind-hearted community of our generation.
Think On is an international project promoting liberal arts education and critical thinking, as well as providing an international educational platform to high school students in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Through this project, we hope to reduce the educational inequality between the Central Highlands and the rest of Vietnam and prepare our students for global environments.
- Be covered all costs during the project including food, accommodation, materials, transportation. (Please be informed that visa fee, flight tickets to Vietnam and to Da Lat City are excluded from the coverage.)
- Gain experience in mentoring and organizing events
- Receive a certificate of contribution at the end of the project
- Join an international network of youngsters making changes in education
- Have the opportunity to explore Da Lat – one of the most famous tourist attractions in Vietnam
- 20-30 years old
- All nationalities are welcomed
- Excellent command of English
- Available to visit Dalat, Vietnam between July 15 – July 27, 2019
- Familiar or have good understanding of Liberal Arts Education
- Make plan and deliver a 2-hour workshop that falls under 1 of 6 disciplines provided to mentees
- Collaborate with other mentors to teach soft skill training sessions
- Co-lead the tribe (each tribe has 2 mentors, 6 mentees and 2 collaborators)
- Co-lead the tribe’s Cultural Fair preparation
- Provide life and career mentoring to mentees during the camp
Skills / Competencies
- Have sufficient knowledge of Liberal Arts Education, active learning, critical thinking concepts in specific
- Have experience and strong interest in teaching/mentoring
- Have sufficient knowledge of workshop’s topic
- Have experience in conducting extra-curricular activities (bonding, skill-training activities in specific)
- Have good understanding of Vietnam and Central Highland is a plus
- Have experience in participating/ organizing international conference/ camp is a plus
Recruitment Process / Dates
- Online Application: March 2 – 30, 2019
- First Round Results Announcement: April 3, 2019
- Interview: April 6-12, 2019
- Final Results Announcement: April 15, 2019
- Online Work Period: May-July, 2019
- Summer Camp Preparation: July 15-17, 2019
- Summer Camp: July 18-27, 2019
Application Deadline: March 30, 2019 (9 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link