Youth Time International Movement is officially opening the Application Call for Participants for its International Youth Summer School 2020. The event will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland.
The theme this year is Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition.
Technology and Innovation have already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly, and it is continuing to evolve on a near-daily basis with the introduction of robotic automation, technical innovations, and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide. The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for future possible changes. You will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education, and training for sustainable future global development will be. You will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an exciting week in the capital city of Iceland.
This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and the City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues.
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge, and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science, and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program that includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
- Be aged between 18-35
- Be able to communicate in fluent English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Be either a Master’s/PhD student, social entrepreneur, young professional, or person working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators, or a worker with youth, in education sphere;
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely given on the Apply Now link.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
Application Deadline: May 30, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link