Young people constitute a large part of the world’s population and young people will have to live longer with the consequences of current environmental decisions than will their elders. The problem today is that many people are ignorant and oblivious of their responsibility to the environment and have thus continued to unknowingly or knowingly carry out activities that are harmful to the environment. In order to counter this, great focus is being pointed at youth as agents of change to sustain the environment and create awareness among the whole human population. As we saw in the past, there are many more rules, laws, conventions are made for protecting the environment but there is no effective implementation. For this implementation, youth play a vital role.
International Summer School “Educating for a Sustainable Environment” motivates young people to get involved with issues that affect the environment and to exchange experiences and ideas and to work together. The school is a unique opportunity in order to enhance international cooperation, increase knowledge about nature, raise awareness of environmental problems and to strengthen the participation of youth in environmental decision-making and to explore the desert, mountain, forest and aquatic ecosystems of Iran.
The summer school consists of lectures, team working, walking tours, sport and cultural programs and also sightseeing excursions to natural and historical sites.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture and nature through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with people from diverse nationality and cultural backgrounds
- Participants will be accommodated during the program for free
- Full-board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and coffee breaks during the program without cost
- Visa Reference Number (if needed)
- Free guided tours to Tehran, Karaj, Semnan, Damghan, Shahroud, Gorgan, Behshahr, Babol, Nowshahr
- 2 nights stay at Golestan National Park
- 2 night stay at Nowshahr Forest
- Green Activities (Tree Planting, …)
- Free Walking tours in Soleymanieh Palace, Botanical Garden and Zoological Museum
- Free Access to sport facilities (pool, gym, football pitch, …)
- Gifts and Souvenirs
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- Age 20 to 35 years old
- Able to communicate in English
- Interested in sustainable development and/or environment, ecosystem management, and related topics
Steps to apply for the summer school:
1- Fill the application form via the apply now link up to 20 May 2018:
2- Selected applicants will be notified via email up to 25 May 2018. List of selected applicants will be published also in our website and also in our social media.
3- Selected applicants will be requested to confirm their participation up to 30 May 2018 and send requested details for visa process (if needed).
4- Organizing team will start visa process to get a Visa Reference Number (VRN) and it will be issued up to 14 June 2018. Applicants who their VRN is approved should send their flight tickets up to 17 June 2018. Applicants will be able to get their visa from Iranian embassies/consulates with issued VRN.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2018 (31 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link