Coding for a Change is a five-week online coding course designed to teach young advocates how to design and launch their own website. With the help of sponsors KForce and Gerdau, the course is being offered for free through ComputerCoach.
In 2015, the Women Ambassadors Forum (WAF) was founded by a student in her early twenties with the mission to unify a diverse network of female change-makers from around the world to become part of a physical community of ambassadors. Through their global network of ambassadors, the organization impacts not only each of the selected participants but also the communities to which they dedicate their efforts to make a positive impact. Every year they welcome 200+ young leaders from 150+ countries with the ultimate goal of connecting the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible and effective leadership.
- Total of five-weeks
- Meet Monday’s and Thursday’s from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm EST
- Guest speaker on Friday’s 11-12 pm EST
- Virtual Office Hours on Thursday’s
- Full-Time Instructor
- Virtual Trainer and Mentor Support
- An inclusive, collaborative learning environment
- Certificate of Completion
Course designed and certified by: Computer Coach
- 5 week long course
- 40 hours of content
- Focused on WEBSITE CREATION
- Lectures on Mondays, and Thursdays, guest speakers on Friday
- Office hours on Thursdays
Light homework assignments will be assigned so students can apply the material taught in real life!
Exclusive Facebook Group for all participants and round the clock support from instructors!
Unlike most other coding courses, this course is designed to empower you to make a change. Over the spread of 5-weeks, they will teach you how to build and design your own advocacy or personal branding website. This course is for people who are creative, passionate and want to make a change in the world.
- How to create a personal brand and grow your vision
- Advice from influential female speakers who have become icons in the world of tech
Coding for a Change Features:
- Influential speakers to talk on the importance of advocacy in STEM
- Certificate of completion to enhance college applications
- Network of other like-minded teenagers
- Opportunity to enter promotional giveaways
- All completely free of charge!
In order to qualify you must be:
- Ages between 15-19 yrs old
- Interested in technology
- Looking to grow your advocacy work online
- Reliable internet access
- Ability to understand and communicate in English
- Be a current high school
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Have the desire to learn about website creation!
Apply Online through the given link.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link