Are You An Aspiring Young Leader? Are You Part of Digital Generation? Are You Interested in Connecting ASEAN? Do You Want to Make a Change?
ASEAN Studies Center (ASC), Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (FISIPOL), Universitas Gadjah Mada, invites the best and enthusiastic ASEAN young future leaders to joint series of public lectures, working groups, excursion, and share their experience on the issue covering Digital Diplomacy, Digital Activism and Digital Citizenship to foster the community through The 2nd ASEAN Youth Initiative Empowerment Program: Digitalizing ASEAN: Fostering Community through Digital Connectivity. From July 23-29 2017, delegates will be fueled by series of activities which will enhance their digital comprehension across the region. ASEAN Studies Center had decided upon three important subthemes to represent the diversity and the dynamism of ASEAN member states, these subthemes are seen to be paramount as part of the development and integration of the ASEAN community as mentioned above. These sub-themes are reflecting the implications of incorporated values which are being hold by
ASEAN as an organization;
- To develop the participants’ interest in the issues of Digital, ASEAN and its impact to ASEAN Community
- To network ASEAN Future leader from the diverse backgrounds and institutions across the region;
- To increase the awareness of ASEAN young future leaders in particular subthemes, such as Digital Diplomacy, Digital Activism and Digital Citizenshi ;
- Being involved in Digital Visitation and Excursion
- Exchange culture with other international students
- Get opportunity to interact with several speakers from various fields who have been working in the related themes which provide diverse perspectives from practitioners, bureaucrats, and academia.
- Between the ages of 17 and 25 at the time of application.
- A citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam; Youth outside ASEAN countries are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Applicant is having interest in related issues on the program: digital diplomacy, digital activism, and digital citizenship issues.
- Applicant is willing to work in team during the program.
- Applicant is having willingness to share the knowledge in their home country as a post program output.
Submit documents through AYIEP’s website (www.ayiep.org) no later than 11 July 2017.
- Curriculum vitae
- Soft file passport photo
- A scan of student ID card/ nationality ID card
- A scan of passport
- Motivation letter (350-500 words)
- An essay related to one of our main topics: Digital diplomacy, Digital Activism and Digital Citizenship (800-1000 Words)
Application Deadline: July 11, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link